The app development industry promises every small business owner’s dream – that of getting rich quick. But unless you just so happen to fluke an amazing app that becomes a best seller overnight, you’ll need to put in some hard yards if you want to maximise your chances of success. Here are some useful tips on how to Start an App Development Business!
Choosing platforms and coding
Apart from working hard to come up with an app that’s innovative and desirable, you’ll need to settle on where to sell it and how to code it. As far as the former goes, you have three main choices: the Windows Store, the Apple App Store and Google Play. Apple offers the highest profits per sale, but the trick is getting people to make the purchase. Windows also offers a cut per sale, but it’s significantly less. That said, Windows apps work on any operating system, so higher sales are more likely. On Google Play, on the other hand, your app will be given away free, while you’ll make your money via advertising. This means much lower revenue per download but the possibility of more downloads. Deciding who to go with is a matter of how confident you are of sales. With regard to coding, you should opt for Java or XML if your target market will be Android systems, and Objective C if you’re planning on pitching to iOS.
Easy Apps creators Free
Below are a couple of popular easy mobile app game creation software to get you kick started on your mobile app startup:
1. Gamesalad – Free app game developer software to create mobile app games using drag and drop, no coding required. Anyone can be a app game developer. All you need is an excellent game idea!
Good example of how to make a flappy bird game using gamesalad – tutorial
2. Stencyl – Another game creation software that boast “Quickest and Easiest way to make a game”. This is also a widely popular game creation software used for developing games without coding. Easy!
3. MIT App Inventor – provides the easiest and fastest way to build Android apps with no experience required. You will be able to learn to build apps and games in matter of hour with tons of their helpful app development tutorials and YouTube step by step videos. All easily done via drag and drop within your very own web browser. Best of all it’s FREE!
Check out how to make a simple ball bounce game with MIT App Inventor
Tips for creating an appealing app
First up, you’ll need an excellent idea. After that, it’s important to format it in an appealing manner. The best way to check if you’ve succeeded is to test your app in a range of contexts. Download it onto several different devices with varying screen sizes and make sure that it works every time. If there’s a glitch, fix it. The app business is ridiculously competitive, so it’s crucial to appear as an expert from the get-go. Opt for clear, well-designed images and large, easy-to-read fonts. Don’t put your app on the market until it’s 100% ready.
How to Monetize apps
Once your Game app, Productivity app or Business app is developed, tested and ready to be launched. How an app revenue generation plan. Some popular apps revenue models are:
(1) Allow your app to be downloaded for free and earn via in app ads.
(2) Users pay a premium for ads removal within the apps
(3) Apps come be downloaded for free without in app ads, however there are options for in app purchase or addons.
After deciding on your apps revenue model, consider using AdMob to Monetize your apps. It’s simplest and easy to use app monetizer with even features of app promotion and app data analytics.
Attract a crowd through your online presence
Take care of all the usual suspects – a great website, active social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter and regular email campaigns.
After that, you can extend. Consider writing guest posts for popular blogs. Topics should be directly relevant to your app and include a direct link. Make sure that your app is always well presented, with compelling product descriptions, video campaigns that tell engaging stories and clever images. Cyberspace is a noisy, busy place – to stand out, you need to develop a distinctive voice.