Movenpick Ice Cream Australia Franchising
Mövenpick Ice Cream owes its inspiration to a revolutionary vision of culinary excellence that swept through Swiss restaurants in the 1960s. The inspired chefs of those restaurants worked to make that vision a reality – and one of the gastronomic delights they made was ice cream.
A pioneer in the use of inclusions, ripples and sauces in ice cream, the brand has developed unique flavours such as Caramelita (made with caramel pieces handcrafted in Switzerland) or Swiss Chocolate for which its homeland is renowned.
Originally produced directly in the kitchens of fine restaurants, the production moved to a factory first based in Bursins and then to Rorschach (Switzerland).
Nestlé acquired the brand rights for the Ice Cream category in 2003, but kept it as an independent unit in order to maintain the specific savoir-faire of the ‘Maîtres Glaciers’, who continue to guarantee and drive innovation and quality excellence into the brand since now more than 40 years.
From the beginning, Mövenpick Ice Cream applied a ‘Natural Policy’ to its range of ice creams. As a consequence, all Mövenpick products are made without artificial additives, artificial flavourings or artificial colours. Based on this policy, Mövenpick Ice Cream developed several innovations not only to delight Swiss consumers but also to offer pleasure to ice cream lovers around the world.
Capital Investment required
AUD $350,000 – AUD $500,000
Types of Training Provided
Your initial training is what transforms you into a member of the super-premium Mövenpick brand. While your boutique is being built, you will be learning everything you need to know about operating your new business at a comprehensive, three-week Mövenpick Training Program.
The training program comprises:
- A one-day induction at our Melbourne head office
- Two days of theory training in a classroom format (which includes comprehensive notes)
- Seven days of practical training at Mövenpick’s corporate boutique in Bondi (NSW) or Carindale (Queensland)
- Ten days of training in your own boutique during setup and launch.
From the first day your boutique opens for business you will know all it’s products, operating procedures and the standards it needs to meet.
Your training will cover topics such as:
- Business operations
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Product knowledge and presentation standards
- Food storage and safety standards
- Boutique presentation
- Advertising and marketing
- Customer management
- Point of sale
- Stock ordering, receiving and rotation
- Occupational health and safety
Types of Marketing Support provided
Two per cent of your boutique’s annual turnover automatically goes towards marketing and is used to fund national brand awareness and promotional campaigns conducted by head office.
A franchisee executive committee, comprising franchisees and members of the head office management team, meet regularly to discuss marketing initiatives and campaigns.
You will be able to call on a dedicated marketing expert from our management team to assist you with developing and implementing your local marketing plan and any local campaigns you would like to run to drive customers to your boutique.
Requirement to make a good franchisee?
Mövenpick Ice Cream will be a good franchise selection for you if…
- You find you love the ice cream!
- You believe in the brand qualities and values and can be a passionate advocate. You enjoy providing excellent customer service and talking and interacting with customers.
- You are willing to implement Mövenpick’s model, systems and processes exactly and completely.
- You believe you will enjoy owning and working in a Mövenpick boutique.
- You look forward to creating a super-premium brand experience. You are excited by the prospect of learning new skills and knowledge.
- You understand that establishing a new business, including a franchise, takes hard work and often long hours, particularly through the opening months
What will your company provide to franchisee?
Buying into a franchise such as Mövenpick has several advantages over setting up a new, one-off, unknown business from scratch.When you buy a Mövenpick franchise you also get:
- Reduced risk. You are setting up a business based on an idea/model that has already been tested and proven in the marketplace.
- A recognised brand name. The Mövenpick brand already has an established presence in the marketplace and in consumers’ minds.
- Peace of mind. You are not alone in setting up your business and taking the plunge into the marketplace. You will have expert training, guidance, assistance and support from our Australian management team members. They are retail and marketing specialists who have personally worked in the retail environment and are thoroughly versed in what is required to set up a Mövenpick boutique.
- Certainty in what you are selling. From the first day your boutique opens for business, you will know all its products, operating procedures and the standards it needs to meet. There will be no trial-and-error or hit-and-miss in developing your ‘offer’ to customers. You will be able to focus on customer service and helping people to have a fantastic Mövenpick experience.
How we help you as a franchisee?
Franchisee selection process
First, we will do our best to make sure that there is a good fit between Mövenpick and you as a potential franchisee. There will be several steps involving exchanges of information, you will visit a Mövenpick boutique and speak with a franchisee, complete a self-assessment program (online), and have a face-to-face interview with the Mövenpick management team.
You will continue to progress through the process – draft agreements, obtaining independent advice, sourcing finance, more meetings with the Mövenpick team including the approval meeting, and signing the final documentation for the franchise, boutique lease and shop build.
Your eligibility and suitability as a potential franchisee will be assessed at the end of each stage – and you should also be assessing us!
Initial selection through to final sign-on is a detailed process. It is done to an agreed, sensible timetable to allow sufficient time to complete all the tasks without undue pressure or feeling like you are being rushed.
You will work with our Mövenpick property expert to research and select a suitable location for your new boutique. Factors that we consider when examining areas include population density and demographics, socio-economic structure, surrounding businesses, accessibility that allows for seven-day trading, and boutique visibility to passing foot traffic.
We will assist with final site selection, lease negotiation, and design and construction of the new boutique.
Contact email for further discussion
Franchise opportunities in Australia
New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia
Franchising information provided by
Renato Maiale (National Franchise Development Manager)